Menu
RacheleB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help for elderly parents

I'm looking for help for my elderly parents following the problems they have experienced today following delivery of a new router.

I understand they set it up and could not get it to work.  They contacted customer services and spent over an hour on the phone trying to fix whatever the problem was. 

Unfortunately language was a barrier between my parents and the customer service officer.  Despite several attempts the issue could not be resolved.  The call was abruptly ended by being told to "turn it off for 4 hours and try again - call back if still not working" ?????

They've only just told me that this left them unable to control their heating (turn it on) as this requires internet connection (hive ?)

They tried to put the old router back on (was working but not performing well) but this is also now not working. 

What astounds me is the complete lack of care for my elderly parents.  

Is there any department in Virgin that cares for their elderly customers?  Is there anyone with English as their first language that would be prepared to call and help my Mother and Father?

They've been with Virgin for many years and just need a little help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help for elderly parents

I'd recommend calling in on 0345 454 11 11 or 150 from a VM Landline/Mobile then selecting 1,1,4,4 who should be able to help, it's just a case of taking old Hub out and plugging in the new power cable + the old white coaxile, after that it should boot and attached to the side of it have the card with WiFi name and password on it, if it isn't working at all then it's possible it just needs activated, if your parents have any disabilities or such I'd recommend they alert someone over the phone to properly have the account updated to prevent being askeda task which they physically can't do.

EDIT: If this was only delivered today then unfortunately it appears as if the activation of new equipment has been experiencing an issue all day where it's not being received/sent and as such broadband/tv/phone is impacted and a call won't solve the problem, when it's resolved it'll automatically activate however.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
RacheleB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aaron2

Thank you for your response - it's nice to see at least one person in Virgin who cares!

My mother rang again this morning and spoke to a really patient and helpful 'Liam' who resolved the issue in 15 mins.  A very kind and gentle individual who I will probably never be able to thank personally.

Thank you for responding so quickly - for me with parents in their late 70's with many medical issues - stress is something they really don't need!

Kind regards

Rachel

Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it got resolved 🙂

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos