Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help activating my hub

Hey guys,

My old Hub 2.0 bricked recently so I got a new Hub 3.0. For the first few hours it was working fine. Then I went to bed and woke up to it having the solid white light but in the config settings area of the localhost it says "internet: access denied". I've tried all the usual suggestions, resetting, off and on again, switching between modem and off modem mode etc.

From what I've seen it looks like this may be an activation issue. Would anyone be able to help me with getting my hub activated? Can't get through to anyone on the phones etc.

Thanks, Alex

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help activating my hub

Hi Alex,

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the hub you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method (which still works) was to reboot the hub and if that doesn't work then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Best time to call is 8am when lines first open and are least busy, but hopefully you'll manage tonight.  

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help activating my hub

Hi Acjeff, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the issues with your hub and getting it activated as well as the delay in replying, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look and can see that since posting we did come out but the issue was already sorted, that's great news. 

Do let us know if you need anything else. 

Thanks 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos