Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help! Wall socket removed by previous owner

Hello, 

We have had to the self installation package arrive only to find the previous owner has removed the wall socket leaving us with just the black coax cable hanging loose from the wall. 

I have traced this back and the black cable is directly from the brown Virgin box outside.

Does an engineer need to come over or can a barrel connector connecting the back cable and the white isolating cable provided be enough?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help! Wall socket removed by previous owner

You'll need a technician.  Although it looks like (and in principle is) a simple coaxial cable, the nature of DOCSIS means that it is VASTLY more finicky than (say) a digital terrestrial TV feed, so doing a DIY cable repair (incidentally against the T&Cs you've agreed to) has a high chance of causing problems either for you or your neighbours.

You can try dialling it in, but may struggle to get through, but if you wait the forum staff will pick up your post and advise on what can be done.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have no phone signal at the house, after waiting for 40 mins on hold outside local coop and live chat getting terminated decided to post on here.

Will wait and see if this gets picked by forum mod.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A feasible option is for VM to post the missing isolator, just fit it to the cable and you can then do your installation.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Risked another trip to the village and actually manage to speak to someone, got engineer popping over Thursday so hopefully should be up and running then!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BHtaken,

Thanks for your post and for giving us an update on the engineer, please let us know how it goes after Thursday 🙂

If you need any further help we are here!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos