Menu
Highlighted
Fiona1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help Please, 2 houses in road unable to be connected, WHY?

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me.  

Virgin laid the cables in my village last year and I have my pop up thing outside my house like all my neighbours.  HOWEVER when I go online to check my address my house isn't available but all my neighbours are, except one other, which VM told me about.

I phoned VM and was told there are 2 houses in my road which aren't connected. At first they said it was an IT issue and should be fixed simply by changing it on their computer system from 'unservicable' to 'servicable'.  They said they would phone me back but they didn't.  When I phoned them after 10 days they then said it wasn't IT but a cabel problem and would need an engineer to come out.  

I have phoned back and they have put in 2 requests but the last time I phoned to enquire they just aren't interested and said I might never be connected and then tried to sell me a mobile phone contract!!!!

Why on earth have 2 houses not been connected?  I am trying to become a VM customer and their lack of effort to try to resolve this is incredible.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help Please, 2 houses in road unable to be connected, WHY?

Hello Fiona1972,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

When you called, did you ask for a spotter to come and check the cabling? If not, please do call the team on 0800 183 1234 and we can get one out. Normally it's upto 5 working days for the result of this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Fiona1972
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The first time they said they logged for an engineer to come out, that was about 2-3 weeks ago I think.  When I phoned back they said they would log an urgent request for an engineer.  When I phoned back they we very unhelpful and said they didn't know if I would ever get connected and then tried to sell me a mobile phone contract!  

The customer service agents seem ok when it is straightforward but little help if there is a problem to resolve.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can certainly appreciate the frustration with this. I would recommend giving them another call and requesting a Spotter specifically. 

^Martin

Fiona1972
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok thanks I will.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos