Menu
Deluxe_65
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help Newbie - connections old cable and wireless box - Broadband

HI Just moved into new place - Virgin Media was previously installed - I have Just signed up for Broadband only. the wall box is old and labelled Cable and wireless - It has two outputs - one tabled TV and one labelled FM.

the TV output already has a cable attached to it which goes out to where the previous owner had a TV the FM has some kind of adaptor on it - both are jammed on  - what do I do?! HELP

IMG_3955.jpeg.

0 Kudos
Deluxe_65
Settling in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help Newbie - connections old cable and wireless box - Broadband

As in do I try and remove the TV cable and attach the Isolator cable will that work or do I need an engineer to install a new wall box?
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You do not need to add the isolator supplied in the kit, as you can see the wall box includes one. The “item” on the Radio socket is a terminator and should remain in place. The cable cable on the TV socket should unscrew with a spanner or pair of pliers, alternatively you could use the existing cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Deluxe_65
Settling in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks have decided to use the old cable and its connecting - obvious really! thanks though for the help!
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Deluxe_65

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here! 

Huge thank you to @Tudor for their advise and help on this.

I just wanted to check how things were looking now?

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos