cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Connections - New to this never left a blog in my life

dodger59
Joining in

Hi Guys ,

Please point me in the right direction please, now this is my first ''Blog'' in my lifetime,

i have just got home from the hospital, as i fractured my hip and had a partial hip replacement, so I'm hobbling about the flat using a zimmer frame.

I received the Virginmedia phone line adaptor to plug in the Virgin hub 3 the grey cable goes into the first grey port at the top -

which i have done so, but what other cable/s do i need,to connect from the adaptor to the telephone wall socket , please excuse me for acting stupid, is their such a cable a female from the adaptor to female for the extension into the wall socket , i never had this before the change over, my landline was wireless before hand, i think this is the reason why i have no dialing tone, my postcode area is Manchester M20 1FQ.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dodger59, thanks so much for reaching out on our help forums and for your first post here.

A warm welcome to the VM community, we're delighted to have you joining the forums and eager to best assist with any issues with your services.

We also wish you a quick and full recovery and we'd be happy to provide additional support that's tailored to your needs where required! 🙂

To start with what you've asked above, we can confirm you need use the adaptor into the back of the hub and attach the phone cable on as seen on the above helpful picture.

Let me say that there's no such thing as stupid questions, so glad to advise on the home line via hub set up.

Please, make sure you visit this link to view the correct set up for the landline via fibre and get all the info we have available.

You can find out more on this page here about the home phone switchover process in general and how we can support you with this change. 

Would you be able to have a read as due to the circumstances there may be additional things with the set up you might need our help with?

Have a read and let us know, here to support you further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Welcome home from hospital, make sure when the time comes to get walking again !
I know this is not easy at first in the last 2 years I had 3x CABG, an ICD fitted & 2x Hernia ops.
Know that song  ... "I'm still standing" !

The supplied telephone adaptor connects to the Hub's TEL 1 port, the socket on the adaptor takes the BT style of telephone plug. Below is a photo of the adaptor on the back of the Hub 3, with a BT style of phone plugged in.

Client62_0-1676115542926.png

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dodger59, thanks so much for reaching out on our help forums and for your first post here.

A warm welcome to the VM community, we're delighted to have you joining the forums and eager to best assist with any issues with your services.

We also wish you a quick and full recovery and we'd be happy to provide additional support that's tailored to your needs where required! 🙂

To start with what you've asked above, we can confirm you need use the adaptor into the back of the hub and attach the phone cable on as seen on the above helpful picture.

Let me say that there's no such thing as stupid questions, so glad to advise on the home line via hub set up.

Please, make sure you visit this link to view the correct set up for the landline via fibre and get all the info we have available.

You can find out more on this page here about the home phone switchover process in general and how we can support you with this change. 

Would you be able to have a read as due to the circumstances there may be additional things with the set up you might need our help with?

Have a read and let us know, here to support you further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs