cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health and Safety restriction flag on address

shadow6970
Joining in

To spare from all of the boring details, my father moved out of the same address we've lived in for 15+ years and set me up on the movers referral around the start of this year, on the day I was told everything is fine, you'll get the welcome email to set up the account later on in the day and you'll get the hub next week. Phone a week later to be told there is a H&S Flag on the address. I've been told 1000s of different reasonings about why the flag was set up - the latest being there isn't enough capacity at the address which I find hard to relate that to a H&S risk. I was also told by a different department on the phone that they won't be running any services to my address for another 6-9 months since my area is in the "planning phase" even though my neighbour is happily running his service.

Some potentially helpful context regarding this; around mid 2021 the usual virgin connection that ran through our flats residential corridor was replaced for cables that ran on the outside of the building - it worked on my fathers service without fault at 350mbps. I am eligible for the quick start service, my service should literally be plug and play at this point.

I'm just looking for a resolution as unfortunately virgin is the only option that is viable at my address but it's impossible to set up anything or get a clear answer from customer support.

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shadow6970,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

Sorry for any confusion regarding this, the Health and Safety restriction can be raised for various reasons.

One being where cables are allocated in the property i.e. on the roof etc. which will be raised as H&S for our technicians visiting the property. 

Can I ask has this address had Virgin services previously?

Let us know,

Kain

Yes, my fathers service was disconnected and removed from the service on the same day I was to setup my supposed new service.

Hi @shadow6970, thanks for coming back to us. If there is a Health & Safety restriction on the property, there may not be a way for us to access parts of the infrastructure now. If you wish to discuss this further, it would be best speaking to our sales team on 0800 183 1234.

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs