cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health and Safety Restriction

GazHackney
Tuning in

Hi All

my flat has had virgin for over 6 years.

it was under the tenants name, he abruptly left and i have since moved back in, it is a flat.

I have asked for a gone away form to be processed several times but now i am being told the flat has been restricted because of health and safety, the rep also said this is weird because there is 0 notes on why and no one knows what to do

who can i speak to, to remove this mistakingly put health and safety restriction so i can place an order?

I have been trying for weeks now, i have spent over 8 hours on the phone to no avail

thank you all

14 REPLIES 14

Thank you goslow for trying to help.

VM sold knew that they were not providing me with the speeds that they signed me on but still kept charging me, so they did not meet their contractual agreement and have not refunded my money even when they promised that they would.  I am still upset even after all these years as VM seem to be getting away with this.  For a business get away with selling something to a customer and not deliver what they promised is just unacceptable.

I have searched for other providers but they cant provide me with internet because of the HS flag 

Did you go through the VM complaints process at the time and/or refer the issue to CISAS for arbitration? The CISAS process seems to have a 12 month time limit in which to complain following an issue so you might be hoping against hope to progress a complaint from such a long time ago on a past VM account that is now closed.

I am confused by the H&S marker you have referred to. On past topics on here, this has been mentioned where equipment was installed in the past (such as by previous cable TV companies) in a way that VM no longer considers safe to access/maintain (such as cables crossing rooftops or at high level etc.). As such, VM have decided they cannot maintain such equipment and so they do not connect new customers at those addresses.

I can't see how this relates to other providers as they would not use the same connections as VM and BT has a universal service obligation to connect properties, whereas VM does not. I am not sure how or why another provider would know about any H&S markers VM had in place about maintaining equipment as they would not be relevant.

You will need a VM forum team member to look into the connection status of your address. If, however, you had connection problems in the past with VM, at an address that VM may not be able to service, even if you did get VM to reconnect you, there might be a good chance that you would just encounter the same connection problems again.

Thanks again but I will wait for a VM person to respond as they have all details.

They just don't seem to care but thank you for trying.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I hope you are right about VM having all the details, but often that is not the case because their record keeping and communication between departments is usually non existent.

Perhaps you could explain again why the speed problem is related to H&S.  Have they said they need building access to fix the speed?   

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @sulekhaali

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

I have taken a quick look into your account & can see that you have a complaint currently logged with our CEO team, they are best poised to assist you further with this & they will respond in due cores. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M