Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Health and Safety Restriction

Hi All

my flat has had virgin for over 6 years.

it was under the tenants name, he abruptly left and i have since moved back in, it is a flat.

I have asked for a gone away form to be processed several times but now i am being told the flat has been restricted because of health and safety, the rep also said this is weird because there is 0 notes on why and no one knows what to do

who can i speak to, to remove this mistakingly put health and safety restriction so i can place an order?

I have been trying for weeks now, i have spent over 8 hours on the phone to no avail

thank you all

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Health and Safety Restriction

Hi there,

Happy to take a look into this for you.

I'll pop you a private message to take some details and we'll see what we can do for you.

Thanks.

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

There are many flate, mainly in London where H&S restrictions have been applied. This is becuase there is no way for us to access parts of the innfrastructure now. This is important as if anything develops a fault we need to be able to fix it. It could be that you have had service their previously but as those accounts are closed we have to shut the property down for this reason. If not we could be left in a position where we are obligated to fulfil a contract that we cant for safety reasons.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, nothing has changed accessibility wise and the infrastructure is acccessible. it is only a 4 level building.

Could it simply be a mistake?

I believe the tenants did not formally disconnect so would even be happy to take over their account 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I don't think you would be able to simply take over the account as it would require a new contract in your own name. As the building is locked down for safety reasons new contracts would not be permitted. 

I am really sorry but at present it wouldn't be serviceable, this may change in the future though if the block is set to be recabled in a safe manner. Unfortunately I cannot say if this is the case though.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos