Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

He Drilled a Hole into my Bedroom Wall

Your engineer drilled a big hole into my bedroom wall and filled it with silicone. I'm struggling to even get hold of someone at VM to convey this to. Please sort this mess before I lose my mind.

IMG_20200410_124519.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: He Drilled a Hole into my Bedroom Wall

Hi,

Please send me a PM with some more info and I can look at this for you.

Thanks Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’m Chris a Virgin media Tech

Could you please private message me your account number as well as address or your VM landline number. You can access my private messaging by hovering over my name. 

If you found this information useful or the issue was resolved, please give feedback by clicking the thumbs up Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.                                                                                                         

If you would like to learn more about receiving £50 of your bill please private message me.

Kind Regards

Chris VMTech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@C_Butcher86 wrote:

Hi,

Please send me a PM with some more info and I can look at this for you.

Thanks Chris

not sure why the VM tech is asking for info via PM - it seems to be their standard reply to all posts 

there are other ways to get info than via pm - without posting account details post some more info here - its impossible to see how big it is - show a coin or something at the side of it and whow where it is 

why did he drill the hole - it seems to serve no purpose

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came for installlion yesterday and he needed to bring the coax cable from just outside my front door to the inside of my property (a straight hole). This man somehow drills diagonally a hole (~15cm wide) into one of the bedrooms in the house. I asked him who do I contact regarding this damage to the property and he proceded to fill the the hole with silicone, yes silicone, and said just paint over it and it will be fine. At this point it feels criminal. I had received no damage report number, nothing. I told him it needs to be repaired professionally but he left anyway. He returned a short while later and said he mentioned the hole to his manager, and that the manager said he would give me a call and get someone sent to fix it. No such call was received.

Honestly I have many more very serious complaints about VM and I have barely just joined as a customer, however this is currently the more serious issue that needs to be resolved first. Please help, my mental health is getting seriously affected just from dealing with you as a company.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Maybe its because we don't always want to discuss things on public forums, especially any private information for nosey eyes

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@BumbleVMTech wrote:

Maybe its because we don't always want to discuss things on public forums, especially any private information for nosey eyes

fully accept that but theres nothing private about the reasons a tech made a mess like that and asking for more general info - if you need account details to then book a [better] tech to sort the mess out then thats a time to go to pm

as for nosey eyes - not sure to whom you imply that is - as a open forum sensitive info should not be posted but the method of choice of most of the temp VM people here is not needed on all posts 

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We ask for PM for account numbers etc for data protection

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Cj1984 wrote:

We ask for PM for account numbers etc for data protection

Thanks

i fully understand that - you also go to pm for most other things where in many cases its not needed - or some do - the original reply here did not need a pm exchange imo - once some detail had been obtained then a pm was correct to get the account details and book another tech

that said on the thing generally i dont think booking a tech was going to solve the problem unless he had plastering skills rather than a gun full of silicone 

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can we keep the conversation on track with regards to the OP's issue please, rather than discussing the workings of the forum?

Thanks,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos