cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had experience moving from Residential Broadband to Business

dilipseshan
Tuning in

Hi,

I am currently on Residential 350m Broadband only. I have just started her process to switch to Business VOOM500 because for the same price I was getting “500mbps”.

has anyone had any non-positive experience with a switch over like this? Just want to check before I fully commit over to Business. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

I can’t give any advice as to the ‘smoothness’ or otherwise of such a transfer, in theory, at least both systems use the same infrastructure, the business accounts use a hitron hub rather than the domestic hub 3 or 4 but they are broadly the same. There can sometimes be problems if you have opted for the static IP address provision because of the way this is provided.

As far as I know, through, the biggest drawback is that I believe that you can’t have TV on the business package not does it allow any email provision, so you will lose any email addresses you currently have. Of course, you may well already be aware of this and it isn’t a problem for you, but I have seen one of two posts by people who have moved to business and didn’t realise, or it wasn’t properly explained to them, that they would lose their email and it came as a bit of a shock!

Hi

Thanks you for your reply. 
I don’t have any email addresses or TV with them currently. But good to know this if I ever consider having a TV addon.

I appreciate you might know that answers to this but what I am hoping for is that the service when things go wrong would be better as it is a business contract? Or am I being naive?

I believe the difference is there are SLAs for business customers and compensation schemes to make VM less reticent in fixing issues!

On the basis that quite a few companies use VM infrastructure - (My last company) they were pretty good at rectifying any issues that arose!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Better speed for the same price seems to be your reason for moving to business. Perhaps if you called customer and asked for retentions you may be able to negotiate a better package without all the hassle of getting a new hub. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the advice. 
In the end, I called the domestic customer retention line, and they matched the price for the same speed. 
I refused the delivery that arrived for the new business modem. 
So the move didn’t happen. 

Thanks for all the responses.