Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half of my small street is cabled and stopped about 10ft away

lingus
Joining in

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this post, please move if it is

I first asked virgin about this back in in 2017 and was told we'll look into it, they gave some excuse about building work and digging up the street but as we live on a small cul-de-sac opposite a school not has gone on since 2017.

I am stuck on FTTC and cannot get any faster speeds than 30/40mb and would love to have the sort of speeds Virgin can provide.

So back to the street, the cabling for VM runs down our street about half way then turns towards the school and misses out one half of the street of which i am roughly 10ft away (end of driveway) from the point where it turns towards the school.

Can anyone suggest how can pursued VM to carry on this run of cabling? surely it can't be hard if half is already done.

Thanks for any words of wisdom

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There are several possible reasons for this. Is your cul de sac a public road or a private development? How long would the cable run be from the nearest street cabinet to your front door? Would the cable need to cross the road?

And it's possible that the cabinet already has its maximum number of connections. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Block paving is another reason for not cabling.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi,
We don't live a on private road, the cable would not need to cross the road, although VM dug up the road to send it to the school on the opposite side.

Not sure re the cab connections

Hi

We have no block paving, the road and pavement and our drive are just plain tarmac

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lingus,

Thank you for your post and I am glad to hear you are interested in our services, I can take your details and send them to our team to see if there are any plans and they can reach out to you.
I will pop you over a PM to get this. Please keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩
Thanks,
Zoie