Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Had call from 0333 number to help set up account. Was it real?

Hi, I just had a phonecall from 0333 343 3333

Does anything know if this is a real Virgin number?

He asked for my bank details and precious addresses which does come across as suspicious.

But he also knew my name and information about my previous talks with Virgin about setting up my account.

Would anyone be able to clarify if this was a safe phonecall?

Thanks,

Carwyn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had call from 0333 number to help set up account. Was it real?

Treat it as a scam.

Whenever I get a call from VM they ask me the security questions, at that point I always ask them for the first 3 characters from my pass code. If they don't respond I hang up.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Any unexpected call asking for bank details is almost certainly a scam.

If you have an account with VM they will already have your bank details.

Ignore any number shown on the incoming call. It is a trivial matter to fake them.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar call where they tried to take me through "security" by asking for *4* characters from my password (compared to the usual 3). I gave them random characters and they thanked me then asked for my email address and bank account number as additional verification before they could discuss an issue with my account. They didn't seem too happy when I declined. I know there is an issue with my account but the fact that they didn't know the characters I gave them were incorrect made me think it wasn't actually VM... 

0 Kudos