Menu
oliverskilbeck
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4- CONSTANTLY FLASHING WHITE

Hi, 

I am just wondering if anyone can help me out with this particular issue. I set up my hub 4 yesterday (new customer). Once set up the WIFI was working fine but after an hour the hub starting flashing white constantly and is still doing the same 15 hours later. Will this require an engineer appointment as I have already carried out all the troubleshooting?

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4- CONSTANTLY FLASHING WHITE

Are you "sure" it was all fine for an hour or so - that is - did you have a good internet connection that was flying along?

I ask because new equipment needs activation on the account for it to work and there are lots of examples on these fora where that process failed and so the equipment wont connect at all until it gets re-activated?

Also worth a quick check first for for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4- CONSTANTLY FLASHING WHITE

Good Morning oliverskilbeck,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

I can see that you've been able to speak to our team since your post and that we've deemed it necessary to book an engineer for you

Do please update us with how the visit goes and if we need to take further action on the account for you, we will seek to do so

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos