Menu
JackieO-
Just browsing
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HUB 3 SOLID RED Light

I have a Hub 3 showing just a solid red power light. (no other lights)

Apparently this is supposed to indicate that it is overheating, however the box is cool, the diagnostic message on the router says it's operating at normal temperature. diagnostics has also  confirmed that there is a problem with the WIFI which will not allow me to connect devices. 

It will not accept my WIFI Password which I know is correct.  I have reset Reset Hub, Rebooted many times, reset with pin-hole multiple times... still solid red power light. 

I contacted VM on 30/01/2021 who also confirmed that the router has a fault. I was promised a replacement box but received a new power lead instead which has not resolved the issue. 

I'm completely reliant on the internet and this hub to work from home. Children also at home needing to do their lessons, I can't afford downtime and have had to take unpaid leave as i'm now unable to work.

Can anyone help me please - this solid red light is now an indicator of impending homelessness for myself and children if I cant get back on line.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3 SOLID RED Light

The Hub is too hot
The Hub has got too hot.

The Hub should be placed out in the open
Nothing should be covering the vents on the side
Make sure the Hub is upright

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using VIVID 500 Optical Fibre

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
JackieO-
Just browsing
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for your response.

The hub is sat upright and fully ventilated.  It has been in the same position since I got it a few years ago.  

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JackieO-

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the broadband issues. I've sent a hub replacement for you, which will be with you in 1-3 working days.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

JackieO-
Just browsing
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John, 

Hopefully this will resolve this.

0 Kudos