cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HITRON CHITA dropped connection - any other sufferers?

kbro
On our wavelength

My VMB HITRON CHITA modem/router dropped my internet connection at about 5:34 this morning.  It came back partially on it's own - I got a dymanic IP and ethernet was working - but I had to switch it off/on to get the GRE tunnel back up for my static IP address, and I had to go into the setup menu to turn WiFi back on.

The status page is showing software version 7.2.4.7.9b3-CD.  Last time I made a note (in June) it was 7.2.4.7.7b1-CD, so maybe they were pushing updates and it didn't go as smoothly as you'd like?

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The board is for residential customers, you need to contact VMB.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

kbro
On our wavelength

Given the absence of a VMB forum, many business customers post questions about CHITA routers here and get answers much more helpful than yours. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"much more helpful than yours." yes, but they are usually ones that require a simple answer. Nobody on the board can answer infrastructure questions and certainly not firmware revision levels on VMB hubs/routers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

kbro
On our wavelength

Yet somehow you understood the question and the context.  What's it like to be the only person on the entire board with that level of insight, especially since you're obviously a mere plug-n-play residential customer?

kbro
On our wavelength

Okay - so one problem solved - the WiFi was off because the "reset" button on the front of the router isn't a reset button - it's got "WiFi" written on it in very small text and if you hold it in for 10 seconds it turns off the WiFi. That explains why I had to flip the power switch on the back of the box to reset it.

So, if any residential customers also happen to be business customers and know their way to the router status screen (you get there by logging in with the username and password that's written on a sticker on the back of the router), then I'd be grateful for your help.