Menu
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HDMi lead.

Going to be at an install this afternoon of a BB/Phone/Basic TV will VM be providing the Hdmi lead that goes to a HD TV set?

Thanks

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDMi lead.

Hi I think they normally do, but may not be a bad idea for you to have one just in case bear in mind that if it's a V6 box a ultra high speed 4K 2.0 cable is the correct specification.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will put one in my pocket, it will be a Hdmi one for HD TV.

Wasn't aware that VM did 4K TV if they do will it be on the basic TV package?   In fact will HD TV be on it as I believe Sky charge extra for HD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi It doesn't matter that you don't have 4K that is the specification needed.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If all pins are connected I doubt I will have a problem, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Engineer did provide HDMi lead, no idea if your 4K or not, it just looks very ordinary.

Install went complete wrong for my relative at time of ordering told VM no VM in house they moving into, but what happens one installer came thinking VM already installed and he had one hour left on his shift.

He examined the triangular access point on pavement and there was a pre existing cable was impossible to tell where it went looked to go under a brick wall diving the pair of houses.   No further sign of it, no holes in house wall or inside of things being screwed down.   He cut cable to see if serviceable but it was faulty.  He called his manger and he arrange to continue with the installation on his own which took him a couple of hours after his shift time a real good guy.  In the meantime a cable pull team were just completing their day in the next town and came with a view to do a new cable pull to the cabinet, so two more good guys. New cable would not proceed down trucking so they tried to get old one out but would not move so digging crew now required to find the collapse and repair.  Hopefully they will come quickly and not be a long job.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately to do digging they need council permission and that can take some time. Most councils move at snails pace. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is 19 th. December a long time?

Kellys will try for sooner too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The street cable guys attended this morning and got a cable to house but authorising over phone failed and customer service people not very good over phone.

Thankfully the area manager came out on a random installation work check and immediately got an install engineer in so all fixed by lunch time.

🙂

0 Kudos