Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Green flashing light and solid green wifi icon.

I received the Hub 3 wifi box today and there’s a green flashing light along with the wifi icon being green. The box and the wires are set up correctly and virgin media sent the signal here 1 and a half hours ago yet its still not working. I really need the wifi to work soon. I called the customer service and they said they’re closed because of covid? Can someone please help me out

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green flashing light and solid green wifi icon.

Sounds like it hasn't activated yet. Try this procedure as posted recently by newapollo

-----------------------------
VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the equipment should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. "By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the equipment or put you in touch with the right team".

The old method was to reboot the equipment and if it failed then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.
That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4 if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone.  Calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer though.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos