Menu
matg
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Green flashing arrows, 1 locked channel

I've been running in modem mode forever connected to Unifi equipment, suddenly no traffic.

I've reset the superhub 3.0 and its back in modem mode. Wifi icon is green, arrows are flashing green, power light is yellow.

I have 1 downstream channel being reportes a Not Locked usually this is 24 channels saying locked. Speed is terrible.

If I switch back to modem mode nothing works. I also noticed the white virgin plug that has coax cable has a green led that is flashing as well, not noticed this before, sure its usually solid and the RfoG box on my wall has a green light that also keeps siwtching to red.

Engineer is booked for Monday but anything else I can do?

0 Kudos
matg
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green flashing arrows, 1 locked channel

I'm getting various status messgaes, denied, the No RF detected.

Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 17.26.18.pngScreenshot 2020-10-07 at 17.33.40.pngScreenshot 2020-10-07 at 16.54.26.png

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi matg,

Have you tried a 60 second pinhole reset on the VM hub?

Also, have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
matg
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pretty much tried everything, what I also noticed is the HDU plug I think it’s called green led keeps going from solid green to flashing.

When it’s solid green I get traffic but when it’s starts flashing I get no traffic. It seems to go solid green then a few moments after I start to get to a site starts flashing again. Furthermore the Rfog box outside has a green/red led, it keeps alternating between the two, red is “alarm”.

0 Kudos
matg
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ONU seems to be not getting a stable connection. Assume its meant to stay green, this seems to correpsond with the router status page switching between Locked and Not Locked.

https://youtu.be/8Z7-RdaD8MI

0 Kudos
matg
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All is fixed, took about 30 seconds for the engineer to fix as. It was the white power plug  (HDU) which I could of changed myself. I described the fault on the phone befoer having to book an the engieer that the green light was flashing.

No idea why it could not of been posted to me as an pre-visit option.

0 Kudos