cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green flash and DS scanning

Cjem
Joining in

Hi guys, would like to seek help for my new hub5 not functioning.

I got my new hub 5 at 5th and managed to install it at that day. The light went normal at first, solid white, then flashing white, and then it turned flashing green. I googled the meaning of flashing green and they said it is updating the firmware, then I just let it be that way for the whole afternoon. After spending 8 hours of waiting it's still flashing green, then I tried to reboot it, disconnected the power supply for about 20s and reconnected it. Then it continues to keep flashing green. I let it idle for somewhat firmware update and went to bed.

When I got up at 6th morning it's still flashing green, then I tried to troubleshoot using the virgin media website and secured the firm installation of cables, the webpage told me I got my hub disconnected. Then I logged into my local hub5 settings and seems my machine is doing DS scannings, though I have no idea what it is.

So that's the replay of my installation so far. I wonder what could be the problem and how to solve them.

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cjem,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're facing some complications with your router activating. Is this issue ongoing for you today? Do you need further assistance or has it now been resolved?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach frustratingly the hub still flashes green until today. Do you have any idea about that?

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Cjem,

Thanks for coming back to us, with this it usually means the Hub is installing an update but would not usually take this long, if you have performed all necessary reboots this shouldn't still be the case, I can see from the system you do currently have a technician booked in, I would advise keeping this and performing another full reboot of your Hub, by switching it off for at least 60 seconds.

Joe

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your advice, I gonna reboot it and see what would change. By the way I have an small electrical device attached to my virgin media socket, the picture of it is attached to this reply. I've noticed the input and output of it but I am not sure if I misunderstood the meaning of the circuit schema or not. Could it be the problem of my fault in the installation of it?

PXL_20230807_135552571.jpg

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Cjem,

I don't believe that this would be causing an issue, the technician who is booked in anyway would be able to confirm better than I can as they can run different checks whilst at the property.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I am glad to tell you the technician came and fix it like a saga. As I just moved into the property, the front garden is not maintained well. Weeds and thorns are overgrown. He chopped off and managed to replace the external cable like a hero. Full respect to virgin media technicians.

Best regards,

Zerun 

Hey Cjem, thank you for reaching out and we are so happy to hear this.

Please do reach out if you ever need anything in the future, you know where we are. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?