cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Flashing Light

NateR
Tuning in

I got the kit today and tried to install it.

I use an NTL TV socket for broadband.

HUB base light shows green flashing light, WiFi works fine (green light), but there's no internet connection.

Rebooted several times, and waited for hours to download the update. Called VM for activation and checking.

During the first call, they said that I should wait for it to download update and reboot. On the second call, the operator decided that there is a connection problem and they booked a technician but only on the 14th of September. 

But I need the internet as soon as possible because I and my wife use it for work. What can I do to try to solve this problem by myself?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Has it connected yet?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

no, still flashing green. tried several times

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sounds like it hasnt been "activated" properly onto your account. Or there may be a fault on the line so do this...

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the Hub's barcode sticker and also your account number and enure they have activated the Hub properly.

If they say it is (or will be in a hour or so) but it still flashes green just ensure that all the connections are in reasonably tightly and with no damage to the ends or cables and see if if that kicks it into life,

Finally if it doesnt, you will need to call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi NateR, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear you're having an issue with the broadband working. 

Where possible, the team would have tried to force the activation through so if they've booked an engineer visit, it means there is something else stopping the activation. This could be relating to faulty equipment or it could be relating to the cable itself. It may even be something wrong at the cabinet. 

I can see you were given the next available appointment and there is nothing we can do to expedite this. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help, just let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs