cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Base Light on Hub 3 Flashing.

ryhop19
Tuning in

Can anyone give any advise moved into a property with QuickStart but have Wi-Fi connection between hub and devices but no internet 

Z Hopkins
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The team often take a few days to get to you, you might have to wait till monday on here, or ring with total loss of service and remind them that under the ofcom compensation scheme, they need to pay you compensation for each day of loss of service as yiou have already called about it they need to pay for every day since until it is resolved.

Ofcom Site 

ProblemA landline or broadband customer would be entitled to compensation if… Amount of compensation

Delayed repair following loss of serviceTheir service has stopped working and it is not fully fixed after two full working days.£8.06 for each calendar day that the service is not repaired
Missed appointmentsAn engineer does not turn up for a scheduled appointment, or it is cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.£25.18 per missed appointment
Delays with the start of a new serviceTheir provider promises to start a new service on a particular date, but fails to do so.£5.04 for each calendar day of delay, including the missed start date.

Hope that helps

RR-THE-IT-GUY

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most likely explanation is that the hub is not activated call 

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hello did call the activation line, they said they sent a signal, customer support said wait for 3 hours on Wednesday but it didn’t work 

Z Hopkins

Hi,
have you checked all coax connections from your router to your omnibox on the site of the premises are present and that there are no cuts, also fully connected and finger tight.
Green often means no connection somewhere that's why i ask.
I think you might have a cable that's not connected somewhere between your router and the cabinet, tempted to say the cab as it often happens.

CD3FC24C-02FC-4D86-ACDC-39D2828DD9E2.jpeg

I can’t see any coax cables entering the property, there’s just a connection point in the living room, the cable supplied in my quick start are push fit cables

Z Hopkins

Is it one of these as you can't get your picture approved?

This is what i Don't haveThis is what i Don't have

also do you have one of the two pictures below

Hybrid fibre coax networkHybrid fibre coax networkHybrid fibre network RFOGHybrid fibre network RFOG

Similar but mounted on its side and without the logo, virgin said it’s there’s when I took out the contract

thanks for the quick response 

Z Hopkins

No I can’t see either of the two entering the properties, I do know the last tenant was there for a while and used talk talk, so don’t know how long it’s been since virgin was used their 

Z Hopkins

from my point of view if the box is inside there should be a cable connected through the wall outside unless its a new build or custom install.
There should also be a yellow or green duct with one of the two omniboxes, if not i think the previous owner has ripped out all the cabling and you might need a two man crew for a repull, a tech to rerun wires to the internal boxes and then check it all after. It took me about a month to get a two man crew when my coax was at end of life.
Chances are you will need a technician