cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Government Gigabit Broadband voucher nearly expired, but still no installation

dan_m15
Joining in

Hi, I hope someone from the Virgin Team here can help.

Over a year ago I was really exited to find out that Virgin Gigabit was coming to our village of Upper Beeding in West Sussex. I enthusiastically signed up for the Government Gigabit Broadband Voucher, via Virgin so the voucher is assigned and active.  A lot of time has passed, there's been a lot of activity in the village with the cabling being laid, and many of my neighbours have now got access to gigabit broadband, yet many homes, including my own have apparently been forgotten. The people cabling the streets have moved on to the next town and I'm left wondering when they might come back. I feel our property and a handful of others in the area have been missed, yet a neighbour on the same street just 5 doors down has been enjoying gigabit speeds for weeks.

Now today I received an email from the Government Gigabit Broadband Voucher scheme telling me that the voucher is going to expire imminently, and I should contact Virgin.  I have tried, a few weeks ago, via the customer services phone number and via email, yet no one was able to give me any information, and no reply to the email.

Can any one help?  Is there a phone number I should call (not customer services, as mentioned above they couldn't tell me anything)? Does anyone know where I can find a schedule for the work - if it hasn't been forgotten, but merely delayed? Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Thank you.

Dan

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dan_m15, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I have found this information through our website where there is an option for the residential service: https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/connectivity/internet-access/gigabit-broadband-voucher-scheme/ - there is a form on that link in which you can fill out in which upon reading the team will check everything over for you. There can be many factors in why a property is not able to be installed, such as construction/permit issues. It's not to say that it's not possible at all. There are 6 steps on the link above which looks like this would be the best option for you at this time. 

Just to confirm also - what email address have you used as we don't have a contact email address. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan,

This link doesn't look right at all.  The form clearly is for people to register interest in the gigabit scheme, which I did a year ago, the 6 checks are referring to point up to registration of said voucher, which I've completed and a voucher was issued already.

My email address is as against my forum account.  I can PM it to you if necessary.

Dan

Hi @dan_m15 

Thank you so much for checking, I'll pop you a PM now so we can check the address on our side. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again.