Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Got the quick start kit and I am now 100% sure it will not work and that sales people were lying to me.

Just moved to a new house here in the uk and I didn’t understand why internet providers here take 2 weeks to set things up for some reason... anyways virgin media called me and said that it would work even though when I checked the website for the requirements, I found out that my box is from BT and I don’t have any virgin media equipment but unfortunately trusted the service advisors who only want to sell and got it today early morning at 10 and for the past 6 hours I have left everything and dedicated myself to setting it up, to no avail, called the service for activation, checked the website, chatted etc, etc and still the same 2 flashing green signs, so if you would please advise me is there any way to fix and if not is it going to take 14 days to fix because if it is the only way I will be searching for a more honest provider...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got the quick start kit and I am now 100% sure it will not work and that sales people were lying to m

What do you mean your box is from BT? Is it the YouView TV service?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got the quick start kit and I am now 100% sure it will not work and that sales people were lying to m

the box outside the house is from BT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM only send out quick start if a property has previously had a service. The onus is on YOU to check that the previous occupants have not removed Virgins infrastructure from the property. If you cannot find the infrastructure described on the website (a coaxial cable outlet marked with a cable company logo) you need to insist on a manned install.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I do have a coaxial cable input but there is no logo on it from any company it is just a wall plug, is there any way to fix it or am i going to book an engineer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@omarz wrote:

I do have a coaxial cable input but there is no logo on it from any company it is just a wall plug, is there any way to fix it or am i going to book an engineer

Could you post a picture please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@omarz wrote:

If you could post an image of it we can see if it looks useable & give you some guidance. Be aware that images can take a time to appear once posted.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not sure mine has any printed markings on it either (perhaps stamped).  Old C&B box I think.

As the others have said, If you were offered a self install it's because someone who lived there previously had service.  As such you should be able to just connect it and go. If it doesn't work then you will just need to wait for someone to come out and check the line.  Not sure where you moved here from, but a two week wait for a new service during the middle of a pandemic doesn't seem that bad to me.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos