cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going live?

sandrafeeney
Joining in

Hi all, I was just wondering if there was a way to see when/if Virgin is/will be installed in my area. A few months back they were laying lines all around my estate and I would like to join. My sky subscription and bt broadband are nearing their end and I would like to know if it’s worth renewing for cheaper deal or waiting it out for Virgin? 

4 REPLIES 4

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Are the cables laid outside of your house yet? If so do you have a small black virgin point on the path outside your house?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Even if VM is ready in your area, I would make sure you have a couple of months of overlap with BT.  Sometimes installs can be delayed and you might end up with no broadband at all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

At the point where the virgin media vans were in there was a cordon on the road directly across from my house (5m approx) with virgin media advertising the laying of lines but I’m not certain if they were laid at mine… the path outside my house is grass 😖 I haven’t noticed a virgin point anywhere… nor have I ever noticed it in my previous area when I had VM… I never noticed how unobservant I am 🤣

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @sandrafeeney

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to reach out. 

You can check if the cables are currently live via our postcode checker.

Kind regards,

Zak_M