Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 upgrade - Nothing but trouble - VENTING

VENT POST!!

Sorry for the warning just need somewhere to vent and hopefully someone at VM to help!!

Upgraded to Gig1 on 29th online via chat. New kit was supposed to arrive on Monday 2nd. It turned up a day late at 9pm at night! Might as well be 2 days late. Great start!!

Weds 4th - set new kit up on lunch break - doesn’t power on. Light on hub 4 power pack flickers once hub is switched on (solid when off). Phones VM. Can’t send another power pack - have to send engineer out and obviously hub 4 has to use a unique power pack so we can’t even use the hub 3 one. VM advises to continue using hub 3 - fine. Engineer will take 7 days to get to you (due on 11/11)

weekend just gone. Auto-activation of Gig1 link happens sat on/sun am and hub 3 doesn’t have capacity to process it. Internet not working completely.

Phoned VM Today: 1 hour on hold. Agent managed to get hub 3 reregisterd to the account. Internet still not working so transferred to technical team. Got cut off in process of transfer l. Can’t get back through as message now saying call centres closed. My account now showing I have no services and I can’t find a working number. 

I JUST WANT TO SPEAK TO A PERSON SO I CAN GET MY INTERNET WORKING TO DO MY JOB - is that so much to ask!?!?!?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 upgrade - Nothing but trouble - VENTING

Hi, 

Try 0345 454 1111

Be warned might be 45+ mins wait

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That was the original number I dialled and managed to get cut off from after 1 hr 15 mins. 

2nd call to VM currently at 2hrs 40 mins. Still not fixed and been bounced between customer service and tech support and back for the 3rd time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I did get through to retentions after being fobbed between customer services and tech support suggesting things that the other team might be able to do to get a connection back up before being told “there’s nothing I can do you’ll have to be without internet until the engineer comes”. At which I was 3hrs 15 into the 2nd call. 

retentions took the Gig1 package off. Downgraded me to 500mb until the engineer comes on Wednesday. Took 10 mins from getting through to retentions to having internet back on. I even went through to tech support to double check it was all working as well!!

total time on phone 4hrs 25 mins actual time speaking to someone to get it resolved: 5 mins

it’s so frustrating that there is so much inconsistency across the teams/sites

0 Kudos