Menu
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 install ?

It looks like I can get gig1 for not much more than I'm paying now for VM200. Can anyone who has it let me know a couple of things please that aren't totally clear from the VM website :-

- is it available as a self install

- does the phone have to be via the hub4.  Mine is currently separate and I'd have to re-locate the master phone if it has to be via the Hub

- are there any issues with modem mode

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 install ?

Isn't Gig1 still available only with TV? If so, you may need a manned installation if you're a broadband-only customer although I don't see why a self-installation package comprising the hub 4, V6, cables and splitter shouldn't be sent out.

As for phone: it's new or house moved customers who get landline from the hub.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

This is available for self install.

As Roger said your phone would stay the same as it is. Only new customers and moving customers are put on to docsis phones at the moment.

I don't have any experience with the SH4 myself, but only issue I've seen about Modem Mode is that you cannot run the SamKnows test while it is on. You would need to switch it back to normal to run the test before turning Modem Mode back on.

Thanks
Harry
VM Field Tech

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a Helpful Answer once issue is resolved!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both.  I'll have a play with the online ordering system next week.  I don't want or need TV but it didn't appear to be required but will check

0 Kudos