Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 activation muck up

I upgraded to Gig1 as it's available in my area of Bathgate in Edinburgh, got the phone, TV and obv broadband with virgin already, so got new hub4 router today cause my activation was today and phoned 150 to activate the router then got a message saying it's all set up.  My phone line is not working and in router settings showing as disabled now it's docsis3.1 in my area as only got cabled a few years ago then to rub salt on the wound my broadband is going at less than 100mbps and that was tested via ethernet to my PC.  I got higher speeds on my hub3.  I have put a complaint in and technical are phoning tomorrow about the phone but couldn't get through about the broadband issue, can someone please assist I've reset router several times and via reset button but nothing works accept the TV.  I am not paying a £35 activation and want this waived as it's a joke and compensated for the loss of phone service and BB service too as it keeps cutting out.  Can someone please help?  I'm paying good money each month for this.

Regards

R SCOTT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 activation muck up

what speeds did you get on the hub3 - and how are you speed testing - always test wired

post the levels from the hub - not sure where they are shown on the hub4 or a 3 its

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

will be similar on the 4

compensation is for total loss - you have not lost the BB its just slow - the phone i think is something they need to switch on - you need to ring and resolve that - same with trying to get the activation fee refunded - in truth your hub would seem to be activated so they may not agree to any refund but asking [politely] costs nothing

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Rds261189, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone and Broadband.  I can look at this a little closer for you.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wired

R SCOTT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What speed do you get when using this link?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/ 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Keeps coming up samknows enabled device is offline when it ain't and it's connected via ethernet and can run tests on other websites.

R SCOTT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rds261189,

Just a quick post to confirm you're happy with the efforts of the forum team?  Call our assistance any time:-)

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos