Menu
LukeR
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 Fibre Broadband

My house is eligible for Gig1 Fibre Broadband - is this fibre straight to my house or to the box on the curb? Based on the £32 setup fee I suspect its to the curb, afaik I still have copper from the street cabinet to my house (could be wrong).  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 Fibre Broadband

Good afternoon I will send you a private message and check this for you.

I will need some more details please look out for a message in the top corner of the screen.

Thank You Joe. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

sophist
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@LukeR wrote:

My house is eligible for Gig1 Fibre Broadband - is this fibre straight to my house or to the box on the curb? Based on the £32 setup fee I suspect its to the curb, afaik I still have copper from the street cabinet to my house (could be wrong).  

it'll be the same infrastructure that you have in place currently - in my case, it's not FTTP, it's the old-skool street cabinet setup.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also worth making clear that although Virgin Media use coax cable in the HFC network areas, it is not copper.

And where Virgin Media do have a full FTTP build, it's currently converted to coax for internal wiring.

So Gig1 over HFC and Gig1 in Virgin Media's full FTTP installs perform the same.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos