Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Gig 1 Comes To The West Midlands

Just to let the community know that Virgin's Gig1 service is active in the following places as of Thursday 12th March 2020.

Prices start from £62 for the service, with £35 for the router (hub 4).

Birmingham

• Walsall
  • Solihull
  • Dudley
  • Sutton Coldfield
  • Stourbridge
  • Tamworth
  • Redditch
  • Halesowen
  • Kidderminster
  • West Bromwich
Coventry
  • Rugby
  • Atherstone

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig 1 Comes To The West Midlands

Is that in all areas of those towns ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Gig 1 Comes To The West Midlands

I believe so, but to be sure enter your postcode here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/gig1-gigabit-broadband#gig1

Also just a heads up most devices are not capable of getting speeds over around 450mb, some newer ones are capable of around 850mb and most flagships this year and some powerful gadgets such as the MacBook Pro 15" 2018 onwards are capable of receiving 1300mb so it's these devices that will really benefit from the full speed. Also for wired devices they need to have gigabit ethernet ports and make sure you use a cat6 ethernet cable.

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm
0 Kudos