Menu
cj2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Getting virgin media broadband

I'm looking for an email address to query if the area I live in is scheduled to get access to virgin media. I've signed up for updates (several times over the past 3 years) but have heard nothing more. Virgin is in my local area (a friend who lives 2 minutes away has it ) but not in the estate I live in. Is there someone I can email with my enquiry ? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting virgin media broadband

No email for VM.

A VM person will respond on here in a few days - but if your estate isn't already connected then you are looking at years - if ever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need to check cable my street.

Even after the ducting had been done it could be 6 months before it goes live so if you don't have it yet assume it'll be at least another year. 

cj2020
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply... Was starting to think that to be honest. Be a nice earner for them though, over 140 houses, all on copper speeds of around 22mbs... I'd bet most, if not all, would sign up. Virgin is in the local area too, an estate next to ours has full virgin fibre... Be interesting to see if they have any plans for the area 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If most of those houses are already in a 18 - 24 month contract with BT, then I doubt many would actually sign up straight away, so it would be the odd house that signs up after the contract has ended.

This is why newcomers to the market such as those offering full fiber to the property (FTTP) are offering free installation, setup and even willing to give free months to entice you into moving. I see VM doing the first 2, but I've never seen them doing the later.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @cj2020,

Welcome to our Community Forum, thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that Virgin Media services are not available in your area yet. I will be able to check if it's possible for us to do a site survey. Please keep in mind that this is not guaranteed.

I will send you a Private Message to get a few details from you to look into this. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos