cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting flat connected

RFT123
Tuning in

I’m looking at purchasing a flat (currently in the mortgage process) which doesn’t have very good internet options (under 30mpbs download), however I see that virgin media are in the same street as the property and provide gigabit as an option. I’m enquiring to see how feasible it would be to get a connection into this flat when I move in. It’s a ground floor flat and more information can be provided about the property if need be.

16 REPLIES 16

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Use this.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/postcode-checker 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

The checker just confirms what I’ve posted above really. Shows that there’s no service at the flats, but in the houses in the same street there is (oddly enough, the 2 flat blocks have their own postcode, but the houses in the street have a different one).

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RFT123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙌

I can raise this with our spotting team to come to take a look to see if the property is serviceable.

I will pop you over a PM so I can get some details to arrange this for you.

Keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,

Zoie

Hi Zoie.

I've replied to your PM. Hope to hear from you soon.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @RFT123,

I am glad I could give you some answers and I hope our team will look into your area for you. If I have any updates I will let you know.

Zoie

Hopefully we get some positive news!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RFT123,

I have an update from our team, the team have looked into this area, and there is an issue with wayleave in the area, they currently do not have plans to expand to this area. I am sorry, 

Thanks,

Zoie

Hi @Zoie_P,

Thanks for finding that out for me, that's been very helpful. I've got a few questions around that specifically, so I'll drop you a PM to ask them to see if it's anything I can try and work on solving with those in the area.

RFT123
Tuning in

I'm reopening this thread as it seems all has gone quiet, so if any other mod who could help with this issue can message me that would be great (I notice that Zoie hasn't been online for a few months).

Further to the above chat, the flat does indeed have an already existing duct for Virgin cabling to go through, and I have the permissions required to get it installed, I just need to get through to the build team to get this rolling.

If anyone can help me, please private message me.