cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting connected initially

Samwise937
Joining in

Hi,

Its been a couple months since I signed up to Virgin wifi and I haven't even been connected yet! Which I've lived with due to mobile hotspot and it hasn't been an issue. 

I was recently meant to be connected but wasn't yet again (4th or 5th no show or progress appointment) and got an email regarding compensation of £5 credit everyday until sorted. 

I got an email saying I've been connected and how's my experience when no such thing has happened. Does this mean I'm not getting the compensation? They aren't coming back to actually install my wifi? 

Even if they don't install it. I assume this means they will start billing me for something not even installed yet! 

Getting in contact with virgin has been a real struggle and I have gotten nowhere with it. 

Sam

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Getting in contact with virgin has been a real struggle and I have gotten nowhere with it. 

And you still want to do business with a company that treats you like this?  Many intending customers have been waiting for months, and I think the record for delayed connection is now over 11 months.  Equally, some/many/most have got connected promptly without hassle.  Seems there's no organisation, no communication, no common sense involved.

You should get connected eventually, and you should get the compensation promised.  But given what you've seen already, imagine how well the company handles technical problems and customer service.  I should point out that the CEO of VM is on record congratulating himself on how much customer service has improved recently, so imagine what it was like before.   

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Samwise937, thanks for posting.

Really sorry to hear about the delays and confusion around your installation. I appreciate all of this will be far from ideal, and would like to see what we can do to help - please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) and we'll be able to look further into it for you.

Tom