Menu
raibutera
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Getting connected in upstairs maisonette?

Looking at moving homes, and the property we like the most is an upstairs maisonette.

Using the postcode checker on virginmedia.com shows that every house on the street has access to gig1 except for the one we're looking at!

The postcode checker doesn't say 'not available', but instead asks for more information...

210125-113231-Virgin Media _ About where you live.png

We tried filling in the online form, and separately contacting virgin media about a week ago but still have yet to find out about whether a spotter can be sent out and/or whether or not it would be possible to get a line upstairs for Virgin Media. However, we've not received anything back by way of email or phone. Sad.

Not having access to fast fibre internet would be a dealbreaker for us to move to this property... but the seller is waiting on us to confirm our offer.

We're also worried if having the leasehold would suffice for this or would we need freehold (or permission from the freehold holder)?

Has anyone had any experience with getting a connection to an upstairs maisonette? Any way to get a faster response from Virgin Media on this? 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting connected in upstairs maisonette?

Hi there

Happy to take a look into this for you

I will send over a private message to take some details from you as I'll need the full address with postcode. 

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more