cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting VM via OFNL

Dojh342
Joining in

I, like many others am on a newbuild estate serviced by OFNL. It seems that VM have an agreement with OFNL to offer services via the OFNL duct - how do I go about ordering services? The postcode checker reports (perhaps expectedly) that no services are available.. I'm sick of the odd suppliers and the delayed improvements!

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virginmedia are connecting some new customers via Openreach ducts and poles, but only in very limited areas where they have sufficient available network capacity.  Most ducts to the customer are not adequate to take VM's coax feeders.  I suspect that other network provider ducts may have a similar issue. 

Unless you are within an area, or on the edge of an area, currently served by VM then it will not be possible at all. Are you? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Dojh342
Joining in

Apologies for the delay. @jpeg1 - VM are also expanding into OFNL circuits (e.g. see this thread) which in theory are all capable of taking VM's coax feeders.

I'm right on the edge of a VM area so I was hoping someone from VM would be able to clue me in!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If there is an existing VM service immediately adjacent to the estate, there may be a chance of a connection. But VM don't like non-standard routing, or anything that costs more than their nominal budget for installation. You can only ask them. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yeah I was surprised they were doing it, but I guess the number of OFNL customers who are.. unsatisfied with the options on OFNL outweighs the cost to VM by a good margin!

Hopefully someone from the VM team will respond here at some point..

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dojh342, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

We are sorry for any issues or delays you are experiencing with getting the service ordered to your new home. 

In order to look in to this further, I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details. This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat