Menu
coolerking02
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Getting Connected. Can someone from VM answer this?

Several years ago a trench was built on the pavement alongside my garden, across the road at the bottom of my garden, continuing under the pavemnt on the other side of the road...to a VM junction. However, the fibre-optic cable was never installed. So the expensive part has been completed...the trench dug, plastic tubing inserted, and tarmaced over. But the cheaper bit...dragging 20 odd metres of cable has not been done. I have photis of the work done. Can somone from Virgin Media please explain? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Daryl_l
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting Connected. Can someone from VM answer this?

Hi there I will send you a private mesage to take some more details from you 

Thanx Daryl

Sam_p2
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

if you would like to private message me some details i would be happy to look into this 🙂

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Depends what network type was installed. If it was FTTH then fibres would be installed to every household at the build stage. If it’s the more common HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial) then the coax feed is put in & terminated at the cabinet. The wiring to individual households from the cabinet only takes place if a customer orders the service.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
coolerking02
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure what additional details you require? 

All i can tell you is that some contractors working on behalf of VM spent several days outside my home working with diggers to dig a trench approx 30 metres in the pavement alongside my front garden, under the road at the bottom of my garden, and continued to a junction box. The plastic tubing was inserted, and then it was tarnaced over. They also came back later, since the local Council inspector wanted some of the tarmac removed and relaid. So all the expensive work has been done. But that's where it stopped. The actual fibre cable was never fed through for some reason?

0 Kudos
Daryl_l
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you send me your address details in a private message I can take a look on our system and see what has been done and if it's been connected up 

many thanx 

daryl