Menu
Alby41
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Get your act together Virgin Media

So it is the day of new installation , new equipment ordered , all set ... yay ..I cannot wait wow !!!!

Monday 15th February, upgrading from Tivo and 2.0 router .. licking my lips.   so up early... house sorted cabling laid .. text from Yodel ... knock at the door 11143 hrs .." Its here Sir " .. small box ....

Is that all says I ....  Ready steady ....flop ....... cant be a full package .. oh no !!!!

Yup ... opens .. it is a V6 Tv Box ...thats all .... Hub 3.0 ? where's that ? where'is it .. Aww ..double Aww .. Yes I cannot play with it today .  it will not work

Best thing is a got my Astra Zenecca Covid serum yesterday I thought ... Indian call centre customers most most apologetic .. ordering me a Hub 3.. does anybody care these days about anything ?

Disgracefull Virgin Media ... best thing though you knocked me a few quid of my bill .. I await with baited breath not a good advert for business.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Get your act together Virgin Media

Is your SH2 "broken" then? Just that I have an SH2 and 3 V6 boxes and they all work fine.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alby41
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank so much for your quick reply.  I have this superhub 2ac and tTiVo box for some time , the TiVo box is well past its sell by date , freezing and sound issues.  as is the SH which also has its ups and downs and at times doesnt make the strength of signal that it is supposed to have.. I often have to swap TV the firestick settings to get the stronger signal and TBH all the equipment needs upgrading, self and spouse are very often on for hours so it is well used. and has been so for a while now .

I would like to have a new router ... do VM still do a 3.0 hub or is it a 4.0 now ?

VM promised me a new 3.0 Hub with my deal, and I was given extra additions to viewing and anytime talk .. Can I ask you  if VM renege on the primised deal to me , will my landline telephone still work OK in the internal wall box where the cabling terminates inside and coax connections are ? or must I insert  it in the V6 TV box top VOIP connections .. thought you may know buddy.

Many thanks again for your time , I have to keep riminding myself that I I am a paying customer at the moment.. dislike hassle

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you sure the Tivo is faulty? Freezing pictures are often due to a poor signal, and if that's the case your V6 will have the same problem. 

You can get the Hub replaced with a Hub3 in any case,  you don't need to have a new contract.  But don't expect it to be a huge improvement. 

0 Kudos
Alby41
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all for reply .  So the saga continues .... having been assured by goodly folk here and others that say that my

Superhub 2ac will be fine ... It is punches out over 200 mgs and strong signal . So I fiited the V6 box , switched it on ..

connections fine ...ethernet , cabling wi fi  ....all tickety boo, strong signals .....initial multi language screen thats all

shewing "   ACCOUNT RETRIEVAL ERROR " code its number is CS 1012  .....oh no more hassle ..here we go

why all this Virgin ???????.... overseas customer service agent promising to sort it and initiate something ... if its not working soon 

I willl ditch Virgin Media... I do not like hassle I have had it all my life.  NOT GOOD NOT IMPRESSED,

0 Kudos
Alby41
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin sorted me out , assigned the box and on line now ...all the channels but TBH not as straightforward as
VM would make you believe ... is OK now took most of he day.. To thanks to all
0 Kudos