cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Cable Removal

Gardener777
Tuning in

I am not and have never been a Virgin customer but I have bought a house that has Virgin cables in my front garden that need to be removed. 

These cables are from the previous occupiers of the property.

I have removed the lawn and want to plant, but I am in the crazy position of not being able to dig my own front garden

How do I get cables from my house removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

Option one: hang on for a member of the forum team to respond and offer to pass your request onto an ‘area manager’ who may, or may not respond and get someone out to remove the cables for you. Timescale is a bit vague though.

Option two : cable cutters and a convenient skip! It’s perfectly safe, there is next to no voltage on the cables. Theoretically it could cause issues for your neighbours on VM but I’m willing to bet that the ends of the cables haven’t been properly terminated anyway so irrelevant really. Either way not really your problem.

But, in the interest of fairness, give VM a chance to respond and do things properly.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

jem101
Superstar

Option one: hang on for a member of the forum team to respond and offer to pass your request onto an ‘area manager’ who may, or may not respond and get someone out to remove the cables for you. Timescale is a bit vague though.

Option two : cable cutters and a convenient skip! It’s perfectly safe, there is next to no voltage on the cables. Theoretically it could cause issues for your neighbours on VM but I’m willing to bet that the ends of the cables haven’t been properly terminated anyway so irrelevant really. Either way not really your problem.

But, in the interest of fairness, give VM a chance to respond and do things properly.

Thanks for the quick response. I will hang on as you suggest!

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Gardener777

I can get this looked into for you 

I Will need to take details off you by private message 

And we can then look at getting some advise on where to go with this 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gardener777
Tuning in

Cable unearthed without damage. Just waiting for a call Virginmedia!

@Gardener777 wrote:

Cable unearthed without damage. Just waiting for a call Virginmedia!

Don’t hold your breath waiting will you?

As I mentioned two weeks ago, do you happen to have those cable cutters handy at all?

Just saying…….

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gardener777,

Thanks for letting us know. I'm really sorry you still haven't received a call. I can see you spoke with Gareth regarding this and you're awaiting a response from the Area Field Manager. I've chased this up for an update and will be back in touch with some more information.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

and as said the AFM may or may not respond - todate the indication is that the AFM is working on - if i dont respond the OP will get fed up and go away

so as suggested - cutters and the bin or local skip

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Gardener777
Tuning in

Thanks Tony.

Yes, I think you are right, there is no driver to make the AFM do anything.

Now, if VirginMedia had to pay rent for having their 'utility' cable on my property...

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I believe that the AFM has just been spotted on a Unicorn... racing Lord Lucan riding Shergar 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.