Menu
Raident10
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Further possible estimate on when my area will be serviceable

I was wondering if somebody could possibly please give me a further update as to how things are coming along with the build teams for my area. A few months ago I was told September, although I was wondering if there is a more precise estimate now. I am extremely excited for this and have been waiting many years to get FTTP.

I was also wondering if it would be possible for Virgin Media to supply me with a Hub 4 upon purchasing the broadband only service?

Kind regards,

Joe

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Further possible estimate on when my area will be serviceable

@VM-Jon Do you have any updates on this? Think you have been dealing with this previously. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Joe,

We are super excited to launch new areas too but at this time there is no update, I spoke with the build team last week and the answer was still 'September'. There is much more to the build than is visible on the ground, there is still much work in the background to complete.

In terms of the hub four. Well this is a definite answer.....No not at this point. This region does not support gigabit just yet so we are not supplying this hub here. Nottingham, which your region falls under is scheduled for next year.

As soon as the area is live you will be first to know Joe and I will make sure one of my team get to you as quickly as possible, I might even come with them 🙂

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Raident10
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you ever so much Christy / Jon for getting back to me and for being patient with me! 🙂

That is fine Jon, as long as it’s still September that will be good. That is also fine about the Hub 4, although now I’m even more excited that next year we will be able to get Gigabit speeds, which I never thought would come to my area so soon!

Ill look forward to hearing from you /the team then. 🙂

Best wishes to both of you and kind regards,

Joe

0 Kudos
Raident10
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon / Christy I hope you’re both well,

Ive just had a missed call from ‭0800 183 6401‬, I didn’t know who the number was but I’ve just found out it’s Virgin Media Sales, which is interesting.

Please can you ask this team to call me back at 12:00pm please if that’s possible?

Kind regards,

Joe

0 Kudos