cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre availability

Strike21
Joining in

Virgin have installed fibre down my street and is available to everyone except 2 houses. I have tried contacting virgin but they can't give me a connection date or help me get a connection expedited.

Is this a common thing by missing out random houses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Strike21 wrote:

Virgin have installed fibre down my street and is available to everyone except 2 houses. I have tried contacting virgin but they can't give me a connection date or help me get a connection expedited.

Sometimes specific houses can be missed for specific reasons (often cost-related involving extra digging etc. or access/permission issues etc.)

When you say it is not available to these two houses, do you mean that the infrastructure was not put in place (i.e. there is no access cover in the pavement to make the connection to those properties) or do you mean the addresses are not showing up as serviceable on VM's website (or maybe both those things!)?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Strike21 wrote:

Sometimes specific houses can be missed for specific reasons (often cost-related involving extra digging etc. or access/permission issues etc.)

When you say it is not available to these two houses, do you mean that the infrastructure was not put in place (i.e. there is no access cover in the pavement to make the connection to those properties) or do you mean the addresses are not showing up as serviceable on VM's website (or maybe both those things!)?

Strike21
Joining in

It is both, it says on the website not available at those addresses and there is no infrastructure in place to the houses but virgin installed cables to the neighbours either side and the fibre box is apparently very close 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Strike21 wrote:

It is both, it says on the website not available at those addresses and there is no infrastructure in place to the houses but virgin installed cables to the neighbours either side and the fibre box is apparently very close 

You'll need the VM forum team to respond and advise (usually within a few days on here).

They may take your details via PM and offer to send a 'spotter' to look at your situation but don't get your hopes up too high for a speedy answer/resolution. For some who have tried to get similar information in past topics, it has been a long, uphill struggle.

Thanks for that. I will see the progress of the other fibre providers coming to the street, that may be quicker.

Hi Strike21,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear your address wasn't cabled. 

I will private message you now to confirm some details to see what we can do to help. 

^Martin