Menu
FrozenRiver
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Frozen River down our pavement from internet cables coming up from pavement.

We have a lot of water coming up from what we believe is some internet cabling out side our house. The cabling appears to come up from the pavement, through our wall and then towards our property and our next door neighbours semi detatched).

We i put my hand in the cable trunking and scoop out water it just refills. Everything above it is dry (e.g. the wall etc).

With the icey weather, we have now have it freeze and it is very slippery. We have reported it to the council, who have adviced we contact Virgin media too. After an hour on hold, we were told an engineer team will visit in a few weeks....to consider if the cables need hidden further. Im concerned the weather may change the water may therefore not be as evident. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Any ideas how we can make this safer quickly?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Frozen River down our pavement from internet cables coming up from pavement.

some photos would help

Tony
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Frozen River down our pavement from internet cables coming up from pavement.

Sound to me to be more like a water leak that is just coming up through the VM box. Probably need to report it to your local water provider.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi this is more of a health and safety issue so the council should be more proactive, I don't see what virgin can do about the flow of water wherever its coming from, councils are very good at passing the buck. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
FrozenRiver
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Frozen river.jpgfrozen river 3.jpgFrozen river 2.jpg

0 Kudos
FrozenRiver
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've uploaded some pictures from today. Had a job making them small enough to upload! Sorry....new to this.

Yes Its hard to see how the water company arent involved. I have sent photos to the council and copied in the water the company. 

I wonder if there is a small leak somewhere higher the hill and perhaps water is somehow entering the cabling. And then exiting where it can. I placed my hand into the hole from which the cables come and scooped loads of water out....it instantly refills. The wall itself is dry above, as is (as best I can tell) the other side of the wall. I'm pretty sure it is a pavement (council)/water/cabling issue......Not sure how easy it will be to get anyone to take responsibility....

Thanks for everyone's replies. Any bright ideas welcome!!!!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello
Looking at your picture I would say 100% this is a water leak somewhere and your local water board need to investigate it.
Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Superstar
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's quite common for water leaks to come out of cable ducts. You need to report it to the water board ASAP. 

0 Kudos
FrozenRiver
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I have reported it to Virgin, the council and the water company.

Hopefully we will get it sorted before someone gets hurt!

Many thanks

0 Kudos