Menu
Ashstarlady
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Friend referral cash not received

I had my services installed on 27th July, have paid my first bill.  Aklamio still showing £50 pending though email says 28 days.  Can someone at Virgin pm me then push this through please.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Friend referral cash not received

Hi Ashstarlady,

It can take a further 5 weeks for the referral cash to be processed. refer-a-friend-faqs 

How and when will my friend and I receive our cash reward?

Your friend will be eligible for the reward at the same time as you are. After your friend has had their services installed for 28 days, or if it’s a mobile order 28 days after the phone or SIM is delivered, you’ll both be eligible for a reward providing they’ve not cancelled their new contract within this time.

Once the cancellation period has expired, we’ll send your rewards to Virgin Media’s referral partner, Aklamio. In some cases, it can take up to five weeks after your mate’s services have been installed or their phone delivered for Aklamio to pop the reward in your referral accounts. Aklamio will contact you when the rewards have been confirmed, and both of you can have it paid into either your bank account or PayPal account at any time from your referral accounts.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Ashstarlady
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

• Cheers, will give it another week. 
0 Kudos
Ashstarlady
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just shy of 7 weeks now, second bill has been issued and payment still pending.  C'mon Virgin, help please. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Ashstarlady wrote:

Just shy of 7 weeks now, second bill has been issued and payment still pending.  C'mon Virgin, help please. 

is this VM's refer a friend in which case how did you do it or some 3rd party scheme - if the latter you need to contact whoever you did it through as in that case its nothing to do with VM i believe

Tony
0 Kudos
Ashstarlady
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's through Aklamio, official refer a friend.  Seen virgin step in and help in other posts with the same issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Ashstarlady wrote:

Cheers but I have seen Virgin pm others and sort the same issue.  I could see this if it was quidco/topcashback or such but Aklamio is their official refer a friend partner.   

you can wait for VM to get to the thread but afaik they will just refer you back to whoever offered the cash back - certainly worth contacting them and asking whats happening

Tony
0 Kudos
Ashstarlady
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

• Cheers.  I prob made it look like third party the way I typed, it's not like quidco/topcashback or such.  Virgin run their refer a friend scheme through Aklamio.  It's a promo from Virgin themselves.  They just have to authorise at their end.  Wish they would streamline it somehow, I won't be referring anyone through it anyway.  Hopefully they pick it up here, don't fancy an hour on hold to them lol. Thanks for replying though 😁 maybe I added to your insight lol.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

ahhh i see - i know how the VM refer a friend works although i thought they handled it all - i do know its [slightly] complicated in that it has to be done via their reference site and all mails etc in place - something i am not sure all agents know

hopefully you have the correct confirmation emails to allow staff to get things sorted

Tony
Ashstarlady
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I do, thanks.  Nothing this year is meant to be straightforward lol.  Take care, thanks for replying.