Menu
Sarahb90
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent Account Opened

I’m a Virgin fibre and tv customer at my home address. Today my parents have received a router addressed to me at their address and a hard credit search has appeared on my credit file. I’ve not lived at my parents address for 10 years so can someone explain to me how someone has managed to open up an account presumably in my name at an address I do not reside at. This is really poor on Virgin’s part and all your Twitter team could tell me to do is to call in the morning. I’m not spending hours on the phone trying to resolve something that is nothing to do with me. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent Account Opened

Hi Sarahb90,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Really sorry to hear that your parents have received a router address to you which you have not requested.

We can certainly understand the concern this has caused especially as a credit check has also been carried out under your name.

Due to this we will need to investigate this further, I will send you over a private message so we can take some further details and find out what has happened.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent Account Opened

Hi Sarahb90,

Just a quick note to day the account which has been set up in your name has now had a full disconnection order on this. This account will cease within 24 hours. 

We will send you the returns packaging in the post, we have also informed the relevant departments to make sure nothing has affected your credit score.

If you have any further issues please come back to us through this channel.

Once again apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos