Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Four months and still no broadband installed

We were promised installation in early October,

then in November,

then on 19th Dec

October cancelled by Virgin

November appointment  I waited in ALL day and yet no cancellation message came despite a message saying technician would be there

Customer service phone line have put me straight onto the waiting on music line for four lots of 45 mins

No answer each time 

I was assured fitting for 19th Dec morning

That's only just been cancelled on Friday afternoon 18th

Now moved to end of Jan ???

That's where I am at

That's four month time span to NOT get it fitted ??

I have sent two complaints and had NO reply 

I even emailed the field sales consultant who sold me the package in desperation and he replied (the first human to acknowledge me !) :

it is a terrible customer experience you are having. Unfortunately I am unable to give out contact details for our engineers, I have emailed the install manager and left messages but have had no response”

so even the field sales consultants are being ignored ! No hope for me then as a lowly domestic customer !

I texted the CHAT line and yesterday got the message in the morning: 

No one rang me yesterday despite a message saying "you will be getting a call in 3 hours"

and do you know what - NO ONE HAS RUNG

Four month time scale with appalling lack of communication and no internet installed !!

Desperately frustrated 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Four months and still no broadband installed

Depends on a number of things namely the complexity of the install 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But no excuse whatever for the lack of contact to explain the delay.

0 Kudos
Despairing23
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate your comment however my complaint is the lack of cancellation for installation, the no-show of engineers, the cancelling in the later afternoon for the following morning, meaning two days of lost work, the delays without explanation, the failure to respond to the two complaints sent in about the no-show and no comms, the customer service actively cutting me off when I tried to explain and shoving me straight into an endless music waiting line - four times no answer after 45 mins- the field sales consultant admitting I have received awful customer service and even he can’t get an answer from the installation team.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you would be better off going elsewhere. 

0 Kudos