Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Forms of valid ID for picking up router?

Hi there, I hope this is the right place to post! 

We are new virgin customers and our router is being delivered to the local Tesco on Monday. The account is in my name, but I’m away so my boyfriend will have to pick it up for me. I was told on the phone that he needed to bring two valid forms of my ID, plus a letter from me confirming that I consent to him picking up on my behalf.

He has my driving license but can’t seem to find my passport and I’m not back until Thursday. I can’t find any info on the virgin website, but does anyone know if they would accept any other form of ID for picking up?? Hoping he finds my passport before then but we’re both panicking.

Many thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forms of valid ID for picking up router?

I think Tesco would accept a DL + letter + summat else like a bus pass with photo or even a bank statement/utility bill/letter without a piccy Print it from an email?). It would be rather "computer says no" if they didn't.

Remind him it will need activating before it will work - should be instructions included in the pack.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.