cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot password to Router

fraggle2
Joining in

I logged into my router last night and it asked me to reset my password which i did, but it was late so did not write it down and now i cant remember it.  I have rest my hub (Hub 5) but this has not helped as the original password still does not work.

Any help please 

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi fraggle2 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've lost access to your Hub due to a forgotten password. To clarify, have you followed the instructions on resetting your Hub, here? Please be aware that when performing a reset, you will need to hold the object in for around 10-20 seconds. A factory reset also removes any active devices connected to your network. 

When this has fully completed, and your network has restored, you should then be able to reset your Admin Password, once again.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add to @Reece_MH 's great information, that there are two different passwords.  One for  the wifi and one for the Hub admin.  Both of these passwords will be reset to the factory ones printed on the bottom of the Hub.  Just make sure you are using the correct one. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks