cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor Box

JulieB5
Joining in

I have a virgin media CATV floor box at the front of my property which I have been trying to get virgin media to moved for the past twelve months as I am wanting to get railings installed at the front of my house but I am unable to do so because of this box. I was communicating by email but no longer have these emails since my emails went down. Does anyone know how I can speak to anyone about this?

11 REPLIES 11

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What do you mean by a floor box? An upright cabinet?  Post a picture. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JulieB5 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced issues sorting this with us, and thank you to our community member jpeg1 for their advise so far. 

Are you able to post a picture of this so we can take a look?

IMG_2272.jpeg

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's a connection point for you or a neighbour.

Based on previous experience, Virginmedia are unlikely to move this unless you are willing to pay for it, and this could be very expensive. It's not just the box but the cables leading to it, which would mean digging up the pavement.

I think you will have to work around it, 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hey @JulieB5,

Thanks for posting the picture for us, can you confirm for me, does this lie on your property or is its placement on what would be classed as the public space?

Joe

It’s on my property. I also know virgin media don’t have a wayleave agreement which is a document they need to place this on private property. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That wasn't clear from your first post. If it's on your property then you may be able to get it moved, but that still won't be easy.

Do you know if it was put in for a previous resident there?  If so and it only serves your house that makes it easier.  If it serves a neighbour then Virginmedia are going to be reluctant to move it and this could be a difficult even if they don't have a wayleave.

- jpeg1

Hey @JulieB5,

The CaTV panels are placed by the local council and not by us, these are mainly done on public spaces and would often need to be brought to their attention if you wanted to move this, as @jpeg1 has asked it would be beneficial to know if this services just you or if it does provide your neighbours service too.

Joe

I don’t think it supplies me as I have a separate box further along where it connects to a brown box. I have been communicating with virgin for over twelve months and they never informed me during that time that it was the councils responsibility. The last straw for me was when they asked me for the deeds to my house to prove I owned the land. I have informed my solicitor who wanted to get in touch with virgin but since I have lost all of my personal information with the virgin email going down the details of who I was communicating with have been lost so I’m unsure who to get in touch with!