Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Flat Installation

Hello,

I've ordered Virgin Media broadband for a property that I'm moving into on November 17th. I received a text mentioning external work that needed to be done before my installation date. I'm wondering how much work will be required for the installation. It's a shared building and I'm on the top floor so I wouldn't want to cause too much hassle to the other tenants when I've only just moved in. 

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flat Installation

this might require permission from all flats below yourself via wayleave, but if one objects could cancel work, also how high up is your flat?, since if above a certain height could also be refused, do you know if anybody else has virginmedia in the property since might be all done from a central distribution within the building.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The building is four floors high but my apartment is on the top two floors, so the phone & broadband entry points are on the 3rd floor. When I signed up for the package it said that I could get all of Virgin Media's services & M600 so I thought it would be a simple installation. I'm unsure if anyone else has Virgin in the building, I get the keys on Friday though so I'll have to check.

Would Virgin use the preexisting wires for BT running through the building or do they install their own? (I checked BT and they would just send the modem/router in the post but the connection would be a lot slower than Virgin).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

nope, since virginmedia is a closed network doesn't use any other ISP feeds, since the virginmedia uses docsis/coax compared to ADSL

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos