Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Flashing green light on router

Hi I have had VM for 2 days now and since then it has gone down 3 times. It has currently been off for about an hour with a flashing green light then sometimes it stays green but the WPS light flashes green. All cables are plugged in. On hold to VMfor an hour now and I’m working from home so losing money here, can anyone help??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing green light on router

Remember you only have 14 days in which to cancel without £ penalties if it isn't sorted to your satisfaction. What Package and Hub did you get? Was it a self install or a tech visit one?

Then, have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows there, then call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took just 20’ for me one midweek afternoon recently. If you get into an automated cycle of doing reboots and then get cut off, just call back in 15 mins and the system "should" recognise that you have done that and it hasn't helped and direct you to the queue for someone to pick it up.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s a hub 3 and 100mb broadband, no known problems in the area and I have rung up twice now to get cut off after an hour of waiting. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What would you like to happen? If its speak with VM then you need to keep trying the phone - 08.00 is the best time. Select options 1,1,4,4, for "thinking of leaving" they usually pick those up quickly.

Or wait for a text response or it can be 7 days before a VM person gets here.

If you want technical help to see if there is anything the users here can help you with - you will need to post up more specific details of what is happening on the connection, when it happens, and on what wired and what wifi devices it is happening on.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well I want the service that I paid for. It’s bad enough that’s it’s gone down but there is literally no way of getting in contact with VM. You stay on the phone for an hour to get cut off, no ones answering the  live chat and I’ve texted and it says it can take up to 24 hours for someone to respond.

and I have no internet at all so no devices are working. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK - one last question. Has the connection ever actually worked? I ask because sometimes new Hubs come to customers and they haven't been "pre-activated" properly. So they need "activating" to work. If yours has never worked - call the equipment activation number 0800 953 9500 - if it has then it isnt worth calling

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it has worked. It has dropped out a few times but nothing like this. I’m cancelling anyway, got through to someone in cancellations who assured me she’d put me through to someone in tech and it would be a direct transfer but didn’t and put me back in the queue so ringing back now to make a complaint and cancelling. Gonna go with EE. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK... Re. the complaint - not sure its worth the bother - it is unlikely to go anywhere as part of the process is allowing VM reasonable time to rectify the issue - 2 days wont be enough.

There "ought" to have been a cancellation form included in the "Welcome Pack" paperwork you got from VM - send that in to the address below if its not on there.

Or do it in writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG. Include your name address and all account details.

Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was with sky before VM. I just think it’s ridiculous people are working from home and there’s such long hold times, I’ve lost £250 now from working overtime this weekend now which I haven’t been able to do and as for next week o don’t know what I’m gonna do cos I’m gonna need to get another internet provider now...and I didn’t get a welcome pack. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI Stephg29,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry for the experience you've had when speaking with the team. I can appreciate in times we're all under things could be better. Upon looking at your account I can see you have managed to speak with someone that has actioned an engineer and the disconnection for you. I would just like to apologise again that it has come to this. 

Keep safe and all the best for the future. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos