Menu
metarock
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Flashing LED

At this point I have checked that the connections are correct around 5 times. I have also been told to wait a day to see if it works. That’s not that helpful as yesterday it wasn’t working either so I’ve already waited 24 hours. I’d rather have an engineer to properly diagnose everything. I’m not dealing with customer support, never had such a ware full experience in my life. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing LED

As this board is not a fault reporting system you may well have to wait a few days for a VM staff member to get to your post. Phoning customer services can be annoying,but it’s the quickest way.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What LED is flashing? Is this a "new" connection and did you have to do anything to "Activate" your connection?

If it is a new account, call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

If its a new "quick start" - then they do not "test" the connection before sending out the kit - they just know there has been an active line previously and assume all will be well - so it could be a fault on the connection has developed - rather than a non-activation problem.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
metarock
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh, I’m sorry just realised my message makes zero sense. I meant that customer support was quite hard to deal with, as I was redirected multiple times and was given the answer to wait. I got back in touch after I sent this message. Apparently they can’t send out an engineer as they need to diagnose bathe the issue - they can’t do this as there is currently as their diagnostic tool is down on their end. 

I guess it really will be a matter of waiting and hoping they send an engineer out quickly, because they’ve tried pushing through the activation on multiple occasions. 

fingers crossed lads 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Keep us posted!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos